Friday, July 3, 2009

In progress, questions abound

I am still debating this painting. I decided I would try some paintings using acrylic paints. It's been awhile and as I've progressed in my work I felt I should revisit some old mediums. I even try watercolors again every now and then but that stays a disaster. But acrylics always seemed within reach even though I was missing a key element.

I think I found it.

Speed. Not the meth kind, but good old fashioned brushwork. I think the problem before was I treated acrylics like painting with oils. Oils are much slower and I can take my time. I have to treat acrylics like a colored gesture drawing. Quick. To the point. Get the idea down and if you need to, wait five minutes and go over it again.

Here's the first effort. I don't think I'm done with it. But I don't think it's a bad start. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment