Monday, May 19, 2014

Fundraising Paintmonkey Style!

I've been asked to participate in Fernbank Museum's silent auction again this year for the annual Lost Oasis.  I kind of knew what I wanted to do but last night I hit upon the right idea and stayed up until 2:30 for this:


I will be posting more on the Paintmonkey Facebook page as it gets closer to completion.

Then a few weeks ago as the missus and I were planning a trip down to Zoo Atlanta, I noticed on the zoo's website a call for artists to participate in a plein air event called Art Gone Wild.  I've been wanting to paint at the zoo for awhile so this was perfect.  I applied, got accepted, and went down a week or so ago for what they called the "Find Your Muse" day.  The artists sketched and started getting the feel of the zoo.

Here's a few of mine...





Now unfortunately both of the events and silent auctions are on the same night (June 14th), but if you want to help out some very important institutions in Atlanta...just pick one and go!  You can't go wrong!

6 comments:

  1. At first glance, it looked like the gorilla was sipping on a teacup...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I DREW the thing and I think that every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well being a mom, I knew exactly what the gorilla was holding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Dear admin,I am Lenay Phillipps, I saw your blog post,I have very enjoyed it wonderful information in the blog post I liked it, I have a blog it’s a natural weight related blog Dick and Lenay will see everyone and will learn how to resolve your weight loss problem Dick and Lenay that should be we are providing weight loss solutions through organic food and natural supplements for
    natural weight loss
    lose weight
    weight loss
    diet
    natural supplements

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am jovial you take pride in what you write. It makes you stand way out from many other writers that can not push high-quality content like you. Fundraising for nonprofits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marta Erdman needs your help today! Dmitry Recovery Fund. - Dmitry was attacked by 3 persons. As of now he has open femur fracture and teared muscles, fractured skull, back, ribs, hand and also leg. Partly lost vision on one eye. We where on the back seat, when suddenly the car, that was driving in a wrong direction, crashed into us. Dmitry stepped out

    ReplyDelete