Sunday, November 13, 2011

Homecoming and Old Friends

This past weekend was Young Harris College's homecoming. I was not able to attend but one of the most favorable and positive changes that Young Harris has made in recent years was to move homecoming from the miserable and oppressive heat of summer to the fall. That is/was/always will be my favorite time to be in Young Harris. The leaves are changing, the air is cool and crisp, and there is just a feeling of joy that comes over me being there.

I wanted to take this time to let all of my friends from this time know that they are the most important and influential group in my life second only to actual family. My time with you continues to influence the way I look at the world and dictates how I react to same. There are those that are still among my closest friends on this planet. And even those that I was not that close with still gave me reason to think and look at things differently.

I don't agree with a lot of what they are doing at Young Harris these days. I think it is too developed and I think they are trying to do too much to change what made our little school special. But time marches on, I suppose. I have what made Young Harris special to me safe and sound. And I want to thank each and every one of you for that.



Go Mountain Lions!

No comments:

Post a Comment