Monday, August 22, 2011

The Paintmonkey Has Painted!

I told you those wacky zoo animals had inspired me. I pulled out some old acrylic paints and started throwing it down on a piece of masonite and this is what happened. I am pleased with the result.



This is the big silverback at Zoo Atlanta (not Ivan). I don't remember what his name is. Taz, maybe? Big scary thing anyways. He did the "beat his chest" thing and I ducked like someone being shot at. (Mostly because I thought I WAS being shot at.)

And unfortunately I didn't have any natural light to take the photo of my painting. Hopefully my next one will be shot in natural light like I am supposed to.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Johnnie T! (that's my new nickname for you). Love the treatment of the background...stripped down but still totally telling the story. Kudos

    ReplyDelete