Sunday, February 20, 2011

Edward Gorey

I have officially fallen down on my New Year's resolution. I have not posted a drawing every week. I would feel guilty but I was working WAY too hard last week to even give it a thought. My regular job sometimes has to come first so I was just exhausted and couldn't get to it. Oh well. Snow week had a couple of extra drawings in it and this week probably will as well. On to today's post!

A few years ago a friend told me about the Gashlycrumb Tinies, a book by the artist Edward Gorey. The book is an A-Z book about all the different ways these children meet their terrible ends.



It is...well, it's actually very funny and amazingly cute (No, really. It is.) Little Neville is my favorite.



A couple of years ago a friend gave me this Christmas card designed by Gorey...



Sorry for the small size of these. I couldn't find any bigger versions. At least in the three minutes I looked.

The reason for this post on Gorey is I found this article on NPR that interviews a friend of Gorey's and I just found it interesting. He was a fascinating man and I wish I had a chance to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment