Sunday, January 9, 2011

Politically Speaking...Duh!

For my first political cartoon of the year I decided to focus on what I find a ridiculous campaign promise. My mother always told me the only two sure things in life are death and taxes. So WHY do politicians (mostly Republicans) always promise to rid us of the shackles of taxation? And that whole "tax and spend" label they throw around is just a stupid thing to call your opponent. Government by its very nature is "tax and spend". If they didn't, there would be no government! There would just be a bunch of goofy folks sitting around making proclamations with no money to make any of it happen.



Although the idea of a bunch of windbags sitting around harrumphing their displeasure with no way to back it up IS a funny thought to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment