Saturday, July 31, 2010

Of Camels and Dreams, and Dinosaur Things...

I don't know why the title. I've got Alice in Wonderland on the brain or something. Anyhoo...

So I painted a camel this week. I like gangly creatures apparently. Maybe a moose next.



I also promised a look at the upcoming "Dinosaur Sideshow" that we are diligently putting together at Fernbank Museum in Atlanta. Unfortunately, I don't have the final artwork on the advertising yet, but they ARE going with my suggestions on it. Here is the preliminary sketch I showed them...



I have seen a version of the final and it is MUCH more involved than that but they did go with my ideas, such as the dinosaur on the ball and fonts used for the title. We are in the final stages of putting the whole thing together but the dates for the event are October 23rd and 24th, of 2010. It is a celebration of all things dinosaur, focusing more on the popular imagery that drew all of us into loving these prehistoric monsters in the first place. More details to come but make plans today!

No comments:

Post a Comment