Monday, March 29, 2010

Blech! (Maybe...)

I finished my test drawing of the horse. I LOVE my new pen set. I am in the mood to only use these right now. But I do still love color so I got it in my head to keep on experimenting on the horse. First the finished pen drawing...



Then I thought "why not add color to the horse". Why not, indeed? So what if you haven't used watercolor in close to twenty years? So what if you weren't that good with it to begin with? WHY NOT?



Okay, well it's probably not as bad as I first thought looking at it, but it's not great. And it's certainly nowhere NEAR the quality I want to have for these types of drawings. I think I like where this is going so I'll keep practicing and we'll see what happens. (On a professional note: watercolor does NOT work well on bristol board. Lots of warping going on. But I figured that would happen.)

Back to drawing board...literally.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing really well with your drawings ,John and I'm proud to see what you are doing. I'll ALWAYS love the purple monkey, when I first saw it as an invitation to your show I was then and am still blown away. That's the kind of stuff I like. Keep up the good work Cuz!

    ReplyDelete