Friday, August 14, 2009

Paintmonkey Studios Is Now Taking Commissions!

Yes, for the first time ever, Paintmonkey Studios is accepting commission work. For whatever reasons before (uncertainty of my abilities, afraid of taking on too much at once, not broke enough), I am now ready to tackle any and all customers who would like a Paintmonkey original of their very own.

I was actually very uncertain of my own abilities for a very long time and only allowed myself to paint within a very narrow frame of reference and comfort. But recently as I've allowed myself to expand my view of possibility, I have realized that there is nothing I am not willing to try artistically.

Last night I started my first commission for a friend. She had a photo of her dad she really liked and wanted me to reproduce it in oils. This is the first days' work:



Not bad for an hour's work. And it was actually a lot of fun. So if you have an idea of something that you have always wanted for a painting, leave me a comment or get in touch with me through The Paintmonkey Studios fan page. I will be glad to talk and see what I can do for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment